Levoit Air purifiers are the most common equipment in modern houses. These portable devices purify the air and give fresh indoor breathing. For user convenience, various LED lights are added to these devices. Red light is one of those sensors in Levoit air purifiers.
But the question is, “what does Levoit air purifier red light means and when it comes”? The answer is simple. Red flashing on lavoit purifiers mainly occurs after 6-8 months of use. This indicator shows your room climate reaches the maximum pollutant in the air. In that situation, your lavoit purifier starts its fan at high speed and absorbs the molecules.
The purifier’s red light will change to yellow, green, or blue at a certain point.
However, things are not getting the same every time. In most cases, the red light does not change color; sometimes, the indicator comes before six months or doesn’t come after eight months of use. The possibilities are different depending on your Levoit air purifier quality. This guide explains the Levoit air purifier red light means, solutions in different situations, and other related answers.
Why Is My Levoit Air Purifier Blinking Red Light?
As mentioned, Levoit air purifier red lights only pop up after 6-8 months of use. Wait for a while; the LED will change to the standard color. You must inspect or replace the filter if the light doesn’t convert. This replacement is also vital if the red LED occurs before six months. Sometimes, the Levoit air purifier red light doesn’t display even after eight months of use. It rarely happens when you use the device occasionally.
Now it’s time to know the different sensor lights available in Levoit air purifiers. It helps to understand the present conditions in your air purifier machine.
What does Levoit air purifier Red light mean?
- Indicates terrible air quality in your surroundings
- Starts high-speed fan
- Detect airborne particles of 115 ug/m³
What does Levoit air purifier Yellow light mean?
- Indicates moderate air quality
- Start the fan in medium speed
- Detect airborne particles of 76–115 ug/m³
What does Levoit air purifier green light mean?
- It shows good air quality
- Start low-speed fan
- Detect airborne particles of 36–75 ug/m³
What does Levoit air purifier blue light mean?
- Indicates excellent air quality
- Starts sleep mode
- Detect airborne particles of 0–35 ug/m³
How To Fix Levoit Air Purifier Red Light?
Filtering is an essential part of air purifiers. A damaged or old filter does not purify the air and leads to red flushing in Levoit purifier devices. You can clean or change the filter for better purification and light blinking. If it doesn’t work, give a soft restart to the machine. Power Cycling is also very effective in resolving the problem.
Fix 1: Clean the levoit air purifier filters
After long-term use, Levoit air purifier filters may develop Clogged dust and debris. It is normal, and you don’t need to worry. Timely cleaning and brushing the component is enough to make them new. Follow the steps to clean your Levoit air purifier filter.
- First, unplug the air purifier for your safety
- Clean the storing components
- Now remove dust from inside of the filter
- Use a fresh cloth or brush to clean the part
- Take a damp cloth and remove the sticky dirt from the filter
- Wait a while until this component becomes dry
Note:- Never use chemicals, bleaching, or hard objects to clean air purifier filters.
Fix 2: Replace the air filter
After a particular stage, the air filter becomes non-usable in your Levoit device. It is common for regular use and longer absorption of dust. Below are the steps to replace and install the component.
- First unplug the air purifier from the power outlet
- Open the unit and remove the cover
- Now Pull out the old filter
- Clean the filter surrounding space by using a vacuum or brush
- Bring a brand-new filter
- Adjust it to the older filter space and shut off the cover
- Plug the device again
- Turn it on and You will see the red LED changes in normal color
Note:- Filter replacement depends on its quality and the surrounding atmosphere. You may need timely filter replacements if the indoor climate is very polluted. Nylon filters also need replacement between 2-4 weeks. Still, you should change the Levoit air purifier filter every 6-8 months.
Fix 3: Power Cycle The Levoit Air Purifier
If filter replacement doesn’t turn off the red flashing, you may need a quick power cycling for the Levoit air purifier. Sometimes, it happens due to specific programming issues inside the device. If you are lucky, the problem will resolve with the power cycle.
- Pull out the power cord from the smart outlet
- Wait for 30 seconds before plug in the wire
- Now turn on the device and check the filter status
Fix 4: Reset the levoit air purifier
You may need a factory reset if the soft power cycle doesn’t work on red flushing. If your device faces any internal glitch, the process will resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to reset the levoit air purifier.
- Turn on your device
- Go to the top of the display, where every indicator are located
- Take your finger to reset the indicator button
- Hold it for 3-5 seconds
- Your device will automatically take a factory reset
Fix 5: Contact the Support team
If nothing works in your favor, contact Levoit support. Guaranteed your air purifier developed technical issues that only experts can resolve. So it’s better to explain your trouble and give them access to your old Levoit air purifier.
Levoit Air Purifier Red Light Even After Filter Change
The red indicator changes if there is no filter or technical issue. If it’s not turned off, replace the old filter first. Still, your Levoit air purifier has red sensor flushing; there are two conditions (except technical issues). Maybe you did not reset the device properly or incorrectly cleaned and installed the filter. Remember the below tips for better optimizations.
- Reset the device properly by following the above factory reset steps
- Wait for a while until the red flushing blink three times and turns off
- Use the smart app to reset if the manual process doesn’t work
- Properly clean the filter and its housing for better installment
- If the purifier makes noise during work, there is a chance of left debris and causing red flushing
What If You Smell A Bad Smell From The Filter?
Unpleasant odor from the Levoit air purifier filter is rarely noticed. Still, only some users experience such a situation after buying a levoit air-refreshing device. It happens due to the limited ventilation process before packing and shipping the product. As a result, few unpleasant odors are left inside the purifier and filter. There has a simple solution if you face such a bad smell
- Place the machine in your least visiting room
- Turn your Levoit air purifier
- Keep the device running for 24 hours
- Ventilating the filter helps to eliminate the unpleasant odor
- If it does not work, leave it for another 24 hours
Follow the tips you will get the desired result.
How Do I Set Up My Levoit Air Purifier?
Levoit has collections of air purifiers; each product has different features and the ability to make your room refreshing. But the exciting part is most of their air purifiers follow the same setup process. So you don’t need specific optimizations for different types of models. Below we wrote down the setup for the Levoit air purifier.
- First, unpack your Levoit air purifier
- Now unwrap the filter that placed in the plastic film
- Open the filter cover from the bottom of the purifier (LV-H128 and LV-H126 models has different cover location)
- Insert the filter and close the lid
- Now plug the device with a working power outlet
Note – Always place your air purifier 15-20 inches away from the wall and other objects.
How to Connect the Levoit Air Purifier to a Smart App?
Using a smart app is the best way to operate Levoit air purifier devices. To connect the devices follow the steps
- First, download the VeSync app from the android or ios store
- Turn on your phone’s bluetooth
- Open an account and login
- Go to home screen and click on the “+” sign above the screen
- Select air quality products and elect core 200s
- Plug and Turn on your Levoit air purifier
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds
- sync app automatically connect the device
- Now connect to your wifi network and you are done
So above are the detailed guide about the Levoit air purifier red light, its work, and indication. Till now, you understand this red flushing means terrible air quality in your surrounding. Here your Levoit air purifier automatically turns on the fan at high speed, or you can perform a manual setting.
You must inspect or replace the air filter if the red indicator does not change color. Generally, this indication occurs after 6-8 months and shows the replacement for the old filter. So read our complete guide and solve the red light flushing from these devices.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What if You Smell a Bad Smell From the Filter?
If you smell bad from the filer, remove it or run the device for 24 hours. Ventilation will remove the odor from your device.
How Long Can I Keep My Levoit Running?
You can run your Levoit air purifier for 12 to 24 hours. The more you run the more air purified by your device. You can also automate the process from setting.
How Long Does a Levoit Air Filter Last?
Generally, Levoit air purifier filters last between 6-8 months. However, it also depends on your usage and maintenance.
Leave a Reply